Exempt Full-Time Salaried Position (35 hours/week)
The Accounting Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be primarily responsible for day-to-day planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, forecasting, and job costing.
The three major perspectives of the Accounting Manager are:
- Presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the company.
- Understanding the present financial condition taking into consideration risk and liquidity in managing the budget.
- Managing cash flow and assets of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures credibility of West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation by overseeing and directing the agency’s fiscal operations including providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, production and submission of all financially related reports.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and program managers on all matters concerning preparation of budgets for grant applications, and assists with the preparation of budget line items spreadsheets when requested.
- Directs and executes all aspects of accounting operations.
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and in compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Enters data into an accounting system, collects and applies cash receipts.
- Oversees internal controls and year end audits.
- Maintains the general ledger, posts journal entries as necessary and prepares variance analyses monthly.
- Aids in various finance and business initiatives and special projects when requested.
- Maintains staff personnel files.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience with nonprofit financial structures a plus
- BS in Accounting highly desirable
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment)
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Asset Management a plus
- Has strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Possesses strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Operates a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Is able to work well in diverse groups of people.
- Pays attention to detail and is well organized.
- Can work well independently and is self-motivated, but works well within a team structure.
Send your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Accounting Manager” in the e-mail subject line.
West Elmwood Housing Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. WEHDC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Rhode Island.